Who is this man?

Men (and women) who wake from the slumber of humanity, progress to a spiritual consciousness of all that is good. They traverse the hero's journey, deal with the dross of their character and personality, formulate a mission to serve their fellow travelers in this realm, and dedicate their lives to spiritual progress. They leave behind the baggage of hate, discontent, judgment, resentment, addiction, anger, depression, and fear. They lessen the hold of ego. They infuse their souls and their lives with love, acceptance, integrity, humility, positive values, and the spiritual virtues. They come to know who they are and why they are here. They awaken!




Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Thought


I have nothing to say. I have everything to say. I have yearning deep within to create and express and reach out to you, my wonderful reader. May you be wonder-filled!

Each day I awake to my awakened living at about 5AM. I have always been a morning person, but, having retired in July, I feel this habit is a bit questionable. Perhaps my sore back or neck pulls me out of slumber, or perhaps it's joie de vivre, or the DHEA tablets I take each day. At any rate, it gives me a great opportunity to enter a meditation practice, something I have unsuccessfully tried to develop for years.

I get up, pour some orange juice, read the entries from several daily meditation books, and pick a random meditation from another guide. Then I journal about my first thought of the day. The first thought is at the boundary between sleep and waking, in the amorphous gray zone of daily rebirth to this world. I capture it before my monkey mind starts reeling in its chaos.

Sometimes I do not have a first thought, or I can't remember it. Then, in our meditation room, I practice mindful breathing and silence the cacophony of voices reciting lists and ideas and opinions in my head. I feel at peace.

My first thought today was, "Blog. Why not?" Seemed like a good idea to start to express my ideas to the world in another media, just reach out to others who want to hear about the journey of a man seeking integrity and wholeness for my Self.

Let me correct that: I no longer "seek", because I often do not know what to look for. Instead of a seeker, I am a finder, allowing the Universe to surprise me and guide me.

What do you do with your first thought each day? Does it edify you or weigh you down? Does that gentle nudge from spirit get lost in the discord of unbridled chaos in your life, your mind, your hear?

1 comment:

  1. Pete, proud of you my brother! Blogging has been a rewarding experience for me. Keep on your path my man, the world is a better place for it.

    Willie

    ReplyDelete